Over the last several weeks we have:
- Gathered dream kitchen photos and scoured Houzz.com for kitchen ideas
- Worked with a Lowe's kitchen designer and drawn up a 3D kitchen plan to get ideas on cabinets and design options.
- Checked out all the kitchen and design studio booths at the Rochester Remodeler Home Show
- Met with two local kitchen design studios here at TheCottage.
- Visited a local kitchen design business and got schooled on kitchen cabinet construction.
- Looked at countertops and got schooled on the options.
Now we are waiting for:
- Both kitchen designers to get back to us with estimates and designs.
- Me to make up my mind.
Decisions we have made:
- Flooring. A handscraped maple engineered wood floor
- Cabinet style.
- Cabinet color
- Island cabinets (pretty sure)
- Kitchen layout (almost sure)
- Island countertop (if it is affordable)
- Kitchen perimeter countertop (choice is down to 2)
- Style of stove fan
I put together a simple idea board this evening so you all can see the direction we are headed. Remember it is just that, an idea board.
Cabinet choice: white flat panel.
Countertop: black. (either laminate or silestone) Honed/slate finish.
Flooring: exactly what you see on the idea board.
Floating shelves: One one wall
Vent fan: stainless Kitchen sink: undermount, probably stainless. Farmhouse a close second!
While we wait to hear back on the kitchen plans/estimates, "we" (really Mr. D) have started on the flooring in the bedrooms. Bedroom #1 cleared and moved into bedroom #2.
Floors prepped and ready.
It's starting to come together ... on paper anyway!