Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dumpster Dive. Item 1

Last week I got a text from my friend and comrade in all things decor telling me that the dumpster at the house they are remodeling was being picked up that afternoon, and that she left the stuff she thought I'd be interested in on the top.

It was a quick run to her house and an easy "dive".  I knew what I wanted.
I brought home three items.

My last post I showed you how I made these:


Today -- the reveal of what I made them for....


Re-using. Re-purposing. Recycling.
Old window screen turned display.
Bonus that the window came from my friend's house!

4 comments:

  1. Good idea! I've been wanting to make a magnetic bulletin board for a while now out of sheet metal, but I wouldn't have thought of using a screen. This might be easier (and lighter).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it, do the magnets hold pretty securely on a screen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie ... the magnets hold very securely on the screen!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.