Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fireplace improvement

Instant Messaging (yes, we still do that) with Mr. D last week went like this....

Me:  Can I paint the fireplace?
Him:  Go for it.
Me:   Seriously?  That was waaaaay to easy.
Him:  Yes.


If you've followed this blog for even a brief amount of time, you know I embrace change, DIY projects and paint like good friends.  Painting the bay window/window seat served as a jumping off point to even more projects at The Cottage!  


As a Mother's Day gift to myself, I painted the fireplace!


Nate pitched in and helped, and we were done in less than 2 hours.


The bright and light factor in that corner was multiplied
and enhanced beyond my expectations


Everything I put on the mantle looked good
and showed up so nicely instead of fading into the woodwork







The original brick faded into the pine walls, and had a pink/rose color tint that fought with the orange/yellowish color of the walls.  The white brick pops on the wood walls and the fireplace is now a beautiful focal point in the room!

I am in love with the new brighter look!
What do you think?
                                     

Be daring!
The Lettered Cottage

11 comments:

  1. Love It! Good job... your cottage is getting quite the face lift - are you planning any new events :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great....you are so daring and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very crisp, clean, & fresh looking! You should take/add an "after" pic like the first one, from further back, showing more of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^You are right Jen! I actually planned to do that, but the rest of the room was trashed and I didn't want a crummy photo of a mess. I'll add one this week from the same angle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, not planning any new events ... just inspired to do some projects. Must be the longer daylight hours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail...it was pretty daring ...but I'm so glad I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! that's a huge change! very pretty...

    (oh and Greg and I still use IM primarily too to chat)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Karyn! Glad we aren't the only couple communicating on IM! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm visiting today through Layla's Summer Mantel Link Party!

    Wow, what a transformation - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! My fireplace is also painted white and it is so crisp and clean looking. I love how you styled it, too. Visiting from The Lettered Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  11. The white mantel is so pretty, and I'm impressed that it only took a couple of hours--nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.