Sunday, April 01, 2012

Sunday afternoon ride

Not being a fan of automobile rides ... today I opted for a Sunday ride over a Sunday drive.


The trails we took were marked like Minnesota highways...but were much more scenic!


I rode Layla.  Karen rode Faith.


We were the only ones on the road


and the rest stop was a welcome sight after 2 hours on the road 


Layla and Faith enjoyed a snack, and the rest.


Karen, my trail guide, teacher and friend gets some love from Faith


This was my longest ride yet
at FOUR hours!


my hips and lower back are complaining as I type.


but I'll take the pain
in exchange for four hours on a horse named Layla
riding trails on a warm and sun filled 
Sunday afternoon.

Would you?

6 comments:

  1. GAH! SOOO jealous! I love horses so much... someday I will have one of my own. Or 10. ;) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:38 PM CDT

    Wow! What a nice way to spend Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassi .... I hope you do have a horse (or 10) of your own someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I like about ATV'ing -- being out in nature -- they are noisy though -- I'm sure a single horsepower vehicle would be somewhat quieter -- ahh, for the most part -- you know what I mean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally. We spent one hour on horseback in the Smoky Mountains last fall -some of the most spectacular colors and scenery ever seen. It was magical.

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.