Sunday, September 04, 2011

My Labor Day


Saturday was my self-proclaimed labor day.
With a box of pears at the peak of ripeness in our garage, 
and jalapeno peppers by the bucket full in the garden, it was time to get busy.

I started the day with a batch of jalapeno pepper jam.


Jalapeno pepper jam is a sweet/spicy mix that tastes
great on crackers spread over cream cheese.

While the jalapeno jam was in the canner, I started making some pear butter.


Pear crisp was next on the list.  
Making it in half pint mason jars was fun ... and easy!


Finally I made a Pear Almond Galette.


Incredibly easy.
Incredibly yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm impressed and jealous. I am not doing any canning from the garden this year... I had warned John in the spring that I would be too busy this September :-) and I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had betterbe saving me some of that pepper jelly!! I wish I lived closer so I could can with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum. Look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.