Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cottage edits

It rained yesterday.  and rained.
and rained.


and our underground downspout became a geyser. 


So I baked.  and baked. and baked.
You'll have to take my word for it.

While the goods were in the oven, I multi-tasked.
I call it tweaking.  Or "nesting".


Finished painting this board (a sample cupboard board from the cabinet guy who installed our cabinets a few years ago)  then I slapped on the words ($3 from an internet site).



Baby girl didn't want this bookcase (bookshelf?)  in her room anymore, so it done got moved to the foyer. I realize it's a bit unusual to have a bookshelf in a foyer.  But I'm ok with it.  I struggled with what to put on a bookshelf in a foyer ---
Finally went with a reminder to "relax" then added some old games, my favorite photo of Mr. D and his dad, and dad's old thermos.


On the other side of the foyer I kept the pool towels on the hooks. I like the colors.


In the sleeping porch ... I covered the ugly green Audubon books with some scrapbook paper.


Baby Girl brought this shelf back from college.  Mr. D made it for me years ago.  many years ago.
It's in the sleeping porch now.  Above my desk.



I multi-tasked all day and got bunches done.  Even as I write this post, I am multi-tasking!  Cookies are baking, laundry is going, and I'm listening to some good country tunes!  Tiime to move on to the next "task"!


3 comments:

  1. I really really wish I had your ambition...and creativity. Everything looks lovely Cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great... does that one book say Yours Until Niagra Falls? I think I had that back in the day! My goal today is to clean, laundry, sew more napkins (up to 90 now!) and prepare for our NY trip this Thursday... need any spiedie sauce?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb,
    Sure does say "Yours Until Niagara Falls"! I love it! I feel like I've always had the book, can't remember when/where I got it.
    I've already changed the bookshelves ... crazy me.
    You are going napkin crazy --- way to go! Are you making a list of things for me to do when August 6th is over?

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.