Monday, July 25, 2011

Color change #2

About 4 years ago we installed this door.
It has taken me that long to decide:

  1. That I don't like the "au natural" fake oak finish.
  2. If I should paint the door.
  3. What color to paint the door, if I painted the door.
We have no excuse as to why we haven't painted the trim.



I was determined to decide on a color.  It had been long enough.  Then I came across this color combination on Pinterest:

And then I saw this door.  My heart began to sing ...


We bought the paint.  And waited.  And waited. And waited.
For the humid, hot days to end.
Sunday was our big break.  Mr. D took the door off the hinges --

and went to work painting the door in the dry, cool basement.  So the paint would dry faster.


He put a coat of primer on the door first.


By the end of the day on Sunday we they were re-hanging the door.


I could hardly contain my excitement ...


Can I just say that I 
LOVE
my front door?


MAJOR improvement!!


Door Color:
Benjamin Moore 319 - Dalila
Sherwin Williams paint

We painted the shutters:
Sherwin Williams #764 - Peppercorn


5 comments:

  1. Love the color and your house is looking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cheer-y & nice new landscaping!
    Mr. D should win the DIY guy of the year award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's even better in person Cheri. love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely ADORE that paint color! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.