What? Who? Me?
But I have no acceptance speech prepared.......
Though "stylish" is hardly a word I'd use to describe myself or my blog, I've somehow managed to gain this award thanks to my long time friend (and fellow blogger) Jackie.
I'm honored and flattered. Thank you friend.
I like to keep it real here, so I confess that my curiosity and skepticism compelled me to do some Google searching on the origins of this award. The Stylish Blogger Award seemed like the internet version of the chain letter afterall. Though I admit it does lack the "bad luck" warning if the recipient dares to “break the chain.” But who started it? And why?
I. found. nothing.
Probably because it doesn't matter. What matters is I was nominated for the award!
By accepting the Stylish Blogger Award I agree to the following:
Thank and link back the person that awarded it to you.
Share 7 things about myself -- that you don't already know.
1. I love peonies.
2. I have 3 peony plants - they were given to me by a neighbor when we lived in Upstate NY. They moved with me to our first home in Rochester, and then to the home we are currently living in.
3. I do not like mice -- not one little bit. They make my skin crawl.
4. One of the most memorable days of my life is when I was 11 and my mom told me that she was going to have another baby. I was so happy I could hardly stand it.
5. I gave my mom a surprise baby shower when I was 11. My favorite neighbor helped me, but I planned it.
6. My favorite Christmas Tree ornament is my husband's baby shoes that his mom gave us when our boy was born. Both Mr. D and our baby boy wore them.
7. I am an introvert. Always have been. Mr. D is an extrovert. Nobody believes either of those statements.
Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great Bloggers:
I'm not sure how these guys will feel about getting a "stylish blogger" award, but I think they are very stylish and write awesome blogs:
1. My friend Mark at Snapshots from my mind covers many topics -- all which are very cool. He has a great sense of humor and awesome taste in music.
2. Greg at Just a Robot is a long time friend. He writes a blog that will make you laugh and cry and ponder, and love deeper, and search harder. He plays a multitude of instruments, and sings, and has his own recording studio.
3. Janelle at Present Quest will warm your heart as she talks about her children and her faith journey.
4. Karyn at 1andmakes6 says it best: "the equation of a family, or ...adding up the ordinary into something extraordinar, or...what you get when you add a guy, a girl, 4 kids, a little chaos, hours of music, lots of faith, a dash of crazy, and oodles of love." She's authentic, vulnerable and you will love reading her blog!
5. The Lettered Cottage is my go to inspiration for our Cottage here in MN.
6. This Is Reverb - a pastor who is passionate about life and living like Jesus. He takes amazing photos and shares his life and thoughts.
7. Katie at Life According to Katie will remind you what it's like to be a college student in love -- and loving life. She's also my Baby Girls roomie.
8. American Honey -- pure sweetness and joy. Kristen is young, fun and joyful.
I think eight is enough!
I'm not used to such long blog posts, and well, I need to get to bed!