Saturday, January 22, 2011

Practicing

I've had the week off work and was determined to use the time wisely.  With our Wild One's wedding coming up in less than 7 months, wasting time isn't an option.  We are working together like a well-oiled machine, making calls, and decisions.  We've contracted with the caterer and photographer, and on-site sanitation and are nearly ready to sign-on with tent/chair/table rentals and a DJ.  Nearby hotels have blocks of rooms reserved, and we are gearing up for week two of wedding planning!

We experienced a little sticker shock last week while we were getting quotes -- and we are attempting to be very diligent in keeping very close to our budget.  Which is proving to be a challenge -- but one we are up for!


One area we think we might be able to cut some corners -- and add a tasty option is in the cake department.  I did a little baking this week -- for taste testing -- and also to test "freezing options".  Cara is coming up with some great ideas and suggestions.


First taste test is tonight.


Did I mention that the bride has chosen her gown? 

4 comments:

  1. You must remember to include me in whatever way you need me !!!
    Cant wait for the wedding.... I'm sure it will be spectacular in every way.

    P.S. cupcakes look yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:35 PM CST

    Count me in to help in any way also. I can arrange to arrive a few days early and help from here after APRIL 15th! Have you heard the latest about pies for weddings? Apparently replacing cupcakes. Would be more difficult to store I imagine.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:01 PM CST

    The taste testing was a roaring success! Four thumbs up and the leftovers are already gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm...cake. pretty sure I should somehow figure out how to get in on this taste-testing baked goods thing... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.