and because ....
- our boy is coming home this evening
- and some friends are dropping by
- and Baby Girl and her BF Mike are home
- and because I just made some of this to.die.for dip
and because I love you ....
I am going to share the secret family chip dip recipe that my mom has made for years. The same dip I used to lick (yes I did) from the bowl to get the last taste of -- and may or may not still do.
It's easy-peasy to make.
Here's what you need:
- equal amounts of sour cream and cream cheese (i.e. 16 oz cream cheese + 16 oz sour cream).
- one onion --- sweet, yellow, white -- it doesn't matter.
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese
- then add the sour cream and beat some more to mix it all up.
- With a fine cheese grater, grate onion into the cream cheese and sour cream to taste. For 16 oz. of cream cheese and 16 oz. sour cream I use about 3 Tablespoons of grated onion --- but I never measure it!
- Mix the onion into the cream cheese/sour cream mix with mixer.
- TASTE with a chip. Or two. Or three. You want to be sure you have the right amount of onion. Add more onion if you desire.
Note: The onion flavor will intensify slightly as the dip sits, so don't go too overboard with the onion.
Everyone will RAVE about how wonderful your HOMEMADE chip dip is --- it's up to you if you keep the recipe a secret or not.
WARNING: This dip is addictive and very difficult to stop eating once you start.