Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Don't get your hopes up

Wow, did I ever create a stir with yesterday's post!
I intended no harm --- and certainly didn't want anyone losing sleep -- or losing control of their imagination!


If you are hoping or expecting to hear news of an upcoming wedding, a new baby, that we are moving, taking a tropical vacation, getting goats....or a horse...


you are going to be disappointed


However

if you enjoy crossing things off
your bucket list
and like to cheer others on 
as they check items off their bucket list

then you are in the right place.

Because
tonight I took the initial steps
to work toward crossing off something
big on my bucket list.

Something that I've wanted to do for long time.

Tonight I registered for a course in 
Interior Design


Information from the school claims it takes about
eight months to complete the course.

This week the school sent me an offer
to take the class at a significantly lower cost.

So I went for it!
I'm a student again!
It's been nearly 30 years since I've been a student
and I'm nervous
and excited!

I'm looking forward to being a legit designer!

That's some of the excitement....for me anyway.

10 comments:

  1. awww, that's great Cheri. You've wanted to do this for a long time, so glad you made that step. You already have what it takes to be a great designer, but I'm sure you'll learn lots of new and exciting things. Cant wait to hear how your new adventure goes. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!! Now you get to re-learn the concept of HOMEWORK... haha

    I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom! that's so exciting!!!!!!! i'm super pumped to see all the work you're going to do for the class!!! :D and am so happy to see you finally getting to do it since i know you wanted to so badly!! yay!!! :D love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we can work on homework together, mom! haha. So awesome that you're working towards a dream. proud of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you mommy!!!! Thats so exciting!!! Enjoy the homework...but i'm sure yours will be fun homework!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was still hoping for a wedding, but this is still cool! :) Your homework will probably not even seem like "work" for you. Can't wait to read about some of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you! If you need a place to practice I have just the place (MY HOUSE) I can be your first client! I'll even pay you (might be in hugs) LOL
    Your proud sister, Deedee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:21 AM CDT

    Congratulations, Cheri!
    You already have the talent, now you can learn all the stuff you innately know already. You will do great! I agree with DeeDee, I volunteer as a beta test area. You can practice at my house all you want. I can use all the help I can get ; )
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go! You're going to be busy busy busy. I agree with all the other comments so far--

    Very proud of you for taking the risk!

    Love you, Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:41 PM CDT

    You will be great at this!!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.