Sunday, July 18, 2010

GUEST POST

Hello all of Cheri's followers.  My name is Nate, and you may have heard of me, I've also been called "The Boy," etc.  Yes, I'm the one with the somewhat unoriginal nickname here on the blog.  Haha, but no hard feelings, I don't have much of a problem, unless you've got a better one, I think my Mom has been trying to work on something new for a long time.




My mother suggested to do something a little different this weekend while she is away at a friend's cabin.  Not knowing what to blog for you all today, I tried to pry some of my mother's wonderful ideas away from her.  I got nothing, so I'll try and come up with something that will entertain.

My weekend has been pretty uneventful.  I had some friends that I haven't seen in a while over on Friday night for a pool party.  Lots of fun.  Then on Saturday I went to a college graduation mini party and after that went and saw the movie "INCEPTION."  


Inception was AMAZING.  I highly recommend it.  It stars Leonardo DiCaprio, and directed by the same guy who directed Dark Knight, and is about people who are able to enter dreams to steal ideas or thoughts from a victim's mind.  It also goes into how it might be possible to place ideas in people's heads and how dream worlds are created.  Needless to say it is an incredibly detailed and thought-provoking movie.  Be prepared to think though, as it is pretty complex, but very worth seeing.


Now that I've gone through my extremely exciting weekend, I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite Youtube finds.  For those of you who know me very well, you know that I am a huge Youtube fan.  I spend a fair amount of time on the site, and have been able to find some pretty entertaining stuff, as well as been shown some great videos as well.


The first one many of you Moms out there might be very familiar with.  It's from the popular kid's TV show, Sesame Street.  I remember these guys from when I was little, and to this day find them extremely hilarious.  Enjoy!





YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP, Best ever.


Now this next one, Danae showed me only yesterday.  It's amazing.  There are no words to describe, you just gotta watch.  I only wish we all could get this excited about everyday things like this guy.





"What does this mean?!"  Awesome.


The last one I'll share is one of my all time favorites.  I think it's because it's so easy to identify with.  I can vividly remember my own mother, the author of this blog, talking on the phone like this.  The cord stretched to it's limit as she would go around doing her housework.  Many of the scenarios that happen in the video are exact recreations of things I remember her doing on the phone, such as making the bed, trying to get the dog in the house, telling the kids to be quiet, and dusting the furniture.  See if you can find anything in here that you remember your mom doing while on the phone, or if you are a Mom, does this seem accurate to you? Do you do any of these things while on the phone?






Well that's about all I can come up with for this here guest post.  Hope you enjoyed reading, and my mother will be returning to her regular blog writings tomorrow or the day after.  It's been fun, blog world.  Have a great Sunday!




----------  Not!  (Blog by Nate.)

4 comments:

  1. Nice surprise to see your blog. Nate. About that movie.....I just wanna be entertained, I dont want to have to think, should I still see it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh definitely still see it Jackie! It's immensely entertaining!! They do a great job of explaining everything fairly well to the audience. The only thing is they mumble a bit so it was hard to catch some things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I may or may not have done some of those activities while talking on the phone. But I did not swear. And I did not gossip. much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ all videos -- but favorite was probably #2 -- what does it MEAN!?!?! -- that guy should be on the CW drama team!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.