Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Mothers and Sons

If you had told me before I had kids that I would give birth to a boy, I wouldn't have believed you.  


Until I had that 9 lb 3 oz. bundle of all boy in my arms -- it seemed impossible.
Even with him in my arms, I clearly remember thinking, "A boy came from my body".  

Raising little boys --- SO different than raising little girls
Adult sons --- SO different from adult daughters
As it should be.



My hope, dream and prayer is that I have done as well raising my boy
as DIY Guy's mom did raising her little boy.  

Kirk & his mom, Norma Lee Dietzman

3 comments:

  1. Nice one -- gearing up for Mom's day and all. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:28 PM CDT

    Love the picture of mom and Kirk. He was her favorite, I should know!
    Her daughter and Kirk's sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a wonderful job of raising a great young man. Your girls turned out pretty good too. Happy Mother's day friend.

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.