Monday, April 26, 2010

I love him

DIY Guy has been working diligently on a project for me  --



and I KNOW there are SO many other things he'd like to be doing -- or wants to do with his time...


but this week, he's doing something for 
ME
and I am so THANKFUL and excited.


He is very particular about his work -- he takes great pride in it -- and so do I.


This board is as smooth as a baby's behind


  and DIY Guy has taken great measures to give it a polished, professional look


filling cracks, routing edges . . .


A work of art that will provide an eat-at-counter for us

one of our inspiration photos

which will make this space so much more usable and open


Tomorrow the plan is to "cut down" this half wall so it will be the height we need for the eat-at counter -- (and remove the round table -- a potential garage sale item).


See the brackets on the counter?  They're the supports.  I'll have to get more supports -- we need one more for support -- and a few more for another project I have up my sleeve!

5 comments:

  1. First of all, i like the new picture on the front page of the blog :)

    Secondly, can't wait for the breakfast bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooooo hoooooo!!! can't wait to eat at it this summer :D dad, you're the best carpenter in the world! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, that would be Norm Abrams -- or that guy on Home Makeover Extreme -- or ...

    Anywho -- it's fun to work on it -- now if Nate or Danae would mow the grass ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea and a great project! Kirk... as always I am a fan of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...what color will the counter be? Stained? Painted? Interested to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.