Monday, February 22, 2010

My favorite pie


This simple, old fashion, soft custard pie has been my favorite since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. 


I could eat this entire pie myself.  Trust me, and please don't tell my trainer! 
That's why I don't make it -- ever. 
Because I know I have limited resistance against the pulling force of the deliciousness of this pie...made on a graham cracker crust, with a soft custard filling (made with real vanilla bean), and coconut, topped with meringue.  

About 20 years ago, my youngest sister was visiting for a few weeks.  She loves this pie as much as I do.  I made two pies.  We ate them in 2 days.  Just the two of us.
Pathetic.  We could have done it in one. 

Not a pretty, fancy, or gourmet dessert.
Just a pie plate full of ..... of......of.....hours on a treadmill.
Spoon please.

Mike...tomorrow....I promise.

11 comments:

  1. I was just about to say.. I hope you realize that YOUR TRAINER does read this blog regularly right?? Anyways, since it just happens to be your BIRTHDAY, I guess I can let it slide :)

    But yes, tomorrow. I believe in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahahahaha :D SAVE ME A PIECE!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!! i've NEVER had this. SHAME.

    hope your birthday was great! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like some too!!! I believe it was like 13 years ago that amy came on the train with tristan and you made those 2 pies...and no one was allowed to touch them!!! Check your scrap book...there is pictures with you two and your pies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, make this pie for your children, save a slice for yourself, then send the rest to school with them! haha

    Hope you had a great birthday!!

    Sorry I didn't call. I have been very busy all day, and am just now been able to take time to slow down.. and as it's 11 pm, I assume you are already in bed. I will call tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your children need that pie. Looks yummy, is it a family recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should make one, when all the kids are home and eat one piece and then quick make them eat the rest :) I hate to be a downer, but custard pie gives me the willies, I feel like I'm eating sugary slimy eggs...eeeeakkk! But, I'd be willing to try you recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This isn't a slippery custard like you are thinking of Brie...it's more pudding like.

    Kids...I'll make one for you...maybe in Cincinnati!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can verify -- the PIE was very good -- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm gunna make a pie, then eat it right in front of you while you run on the treadmill :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh, pudding-like, well then I'm sure I would love it! yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:17 AM CST

    How about sharing the recipe? It is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.