Monday, December 07, 2009


We've been checking things off our "Git 'R Done" list  . . .





. . . the decorating is done....as of 8:00 pm tonight.  I wanted to finish the outside stuff before the snow.


. . . the chicken coop has been closed up -- and winterized in anticipation of the coming below zero temperatures -- and the SNOW!




The baking has begun ... including the fruitcake - which is made every year by DIY Guy.
and he is the only one who eats it at our house -- so he ships some to his dad every year.
It's a family recipe -- from his mom.  It's so fun to watch DIY Guy in the kitchen!


I will say...that IF I were to choose to spend my daily calories on fruitcake -- I'd choose this one....it's really more like a date cake.



DIY Guy is really getting into the Christmas Spirit!



Just remembered something to add to my list....


Nate....don't forget to bring Guitar Hero home!  I've got a hanker'n to jam with the bands!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:23 AM CST

    I love my Mom's "fruitcake" that as you say is so much more like a date nut cake, rich and moist. Miss mom at the holidays, she loved gift giving and receiving and never lost that child-like excitement of both.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree -- miss Mom.

    Definitely one of her love languages -- gifts; of course, then there were the acts of service -- baking all those goodies for us... Yum!!

    I too love the fruitcake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've got a hankrin, huh? I love it! Looks nice and cozy at your house for the holidays. We are snowed in here today so looks like we have brought the Minnesota weather with us!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.