Monday, December 28, 2009

When winter brings snow  .  .  .  .


.  .  .  .  build with it!



DIY guy had an awesome idea a few weeks ago --- "you should ask Nate to build you a wall around the patio with snow".





I loved the idea.



and I love that Nate was a willing builder !



The project began with a base, curving around the corner -- the corner where the dogs typically head to the yard to take care of business.  Blocking that corner would not be good.



Nate is a full of good ideas and is an excellent problem solver.




Fixed with a "doggie" tunnel to the other side.



but we had to be sure the dogs would "buy in" to using the tunnel -- and with a little coaxing with dog treats -- they do.



The wall base was built using a Rubbermaid "shoebox" --  the remaining layers were built with a snowblock maker .  .  .



Just about done .  .  .  .




A work of art!



He used the wagon to bring snow to his "worksite"



Then he sprayed the wall with water to "freeze" it --




hopefully making the snow more stable -- like ice.



On Christmas Eve, Nate added little glass lanterns.  He used battery operated flames --
due to the slight drizzle we had that night.



Our guests were greeted by the lit wall



The wall has since collapsed due to the sleet and freezing rain we had that night, but my boy tells me he might build me another one!! 
I hope so.


Thanks Natey!  You're the best!
Thanks for making me a path to the chickens too :)

5 comments:

  1. very very nice! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coolest snow wall I've ever seen. Nice job Nate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I bummed that we missed it and seeing you on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:18 PM CST

    WOW that was incredable!! With that kind of engineering I bet you could lower a counter top when Dad's not looking : )

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.