Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Today DIY Guy and I "rang the bells" for Salvation Army.


This is year is the first time we had an "inside" gig.  We usually we ring outdoors
which, as crazy as it sounds, I think I prefer!


This year, we brought along Coby to help us.
Coby is our neighbor and is a Bernese Mountain Dog.




Coby drew LOTS of attention --- and there were some serious givers too!
Bernese Mountain dogs love the snow, and LOVE people. 



A few people wanted to put a big red bow on him and take him home to their kids, or spouse! 
For 2 hours today, I was the proud owner of Coby -- and loved it.



4 comments:

  1. In spite of the custodian not being in the Christmas spirit -- it was a great time :)

    For more reading on the Bernese Mountain Dog ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernese_Mountain_Dog

    Have a great Christmas celebration everyone!

    - Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please put a big red ribbon on Coby for me!!!! I would really REALLY like it...if i can't have coby I will take any puppy...(not maddie...sorry lil' pup) Although you could give her to my roommate...AFTER she moves out! hahah...oh the torture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you could bring the dog inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:12 AM CST

    How did you get any bell ringing done with TJMaxx so close??

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.