Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Perfect timing

After a full day of work yesterday -- a day that I had planned to be off, a day that I came home just a wee bit on the grumpy side of life --  there was the most wonderful card in my mailbox.  It was just what I needed to refocus.

Following is what was written on the card . . .




You know how a child will ask Santa
for a a whole lot of things,
but there's one very special request
at the top of the wish list

Well, for me, your friendship
was like receiving that very special request.

You're everything
I could have asked for in a friend
(plus a lot more things 
I wouldn't have known to ask for).

You make my life better and happier
in so many ways.


I think Im very lucky
my unspoken wish
was granted,
and I know I'm very grateful
to have you
for my special friend.


Merry Christmas






We need our friends to keep us grounded. 


Who knows the song in your heart?

How have they sung it back to you 
when you forgot the words?



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:21 AM CST

    Cute pictures of you, Cheri! Hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve, as the new year is ushered in and we say goodbye to the past year and decade.
    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.