Tuesday, November 03, 2009

added to my "List"

This activity wasn't on my original "100 list" that I compiled in January.  You can view it here. 




But I quickly decided it was going to be added -- when several of Baby Girl's friends stopped by back in April with a trunk full of longboards.







Longboards are like skateboards only . . . longer.  And wider.  So to me they looked "do-able".  As in I, a 50 year old/young mom of three 20-somethings should be able to do --or at least try.




-- I have to admit that these boys made going down our driveway look very easy.






-- and Baby Girl looked like she was getting the hang of it easily.




--DIY Guy didn't seem to struggle at all . . .




-- so I donned my safety gear and took a ride . . .





longboard2 from Cheri Dietzman on Vimeo.

Seriously, you didn't think I was going to go flying down the road like these guys did you?





Note that BJ (in back)is longboarding while recording Ryan (in front - duh) while he longboards from the top of our driveway and nearly a 1/4 mile down the road.  Here's the video BJ took:



longboard3 from Cheri Dietzman on Vimeo.

and here's the boys returning from their "trip"  . . .




and here's Jaden and Baby Girl . . .



Being the good friends that they are.


I recommend giving longboarding a try if you get the chance, it's a lot of fun.  If I weren't so dadgum afraid of hurting myself I might actually enjoy learning and doing more of it!


For now --- it's another item crossed off my 100 List!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun...I give you props for trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember -- speed kills ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been doing the same thing as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so my favorite part was you running after you jumped off..and you kept running...and looking more and more special...the helmet well that just makes it funny...thanks for the good laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.