As previously mentioned in yesterday's post -- DIY Guy and I spent the weekend in the Twin Cities -- both of them ... as in Minneapolis AND St. Paul.
Our hotel in Edina was amazing.
Check out these rooms . . .
Pretty nice rooms.
Those are a couple of the Condo bedrooms.
Here's our modest hotel room
The "heavenly bed" was amazing!
Comforters - not polyester spreads
(not that there's anything wrong with polyester)
The bathroom -- spacious and luxurious
--with both shower and soaking tub
A window with good view of the area -
with very nice blinds
Back to the Condos...
which had "million dollar" views
not just one view
but many different views
on three sides of the building
did I mention floor to ceiling views?
this condo is 1780 square feet.
The living/dining/kitchen areas = the best features.
with "mini tile" rug
moving across the hall to the more expensive model . . .
at 2117 square feet
"The Westin Condos have all the amenities
that the discriminating buyer has come to expect "
(that's a direct quote from their website)
"Discriminating" --- really?
I don't think I resemble that comment.
Nor do I think I want to.
Condo residents have access to the hotel's amenities
including concierge service for daily needs and event planning
24/7 room service and a signature restaurant;
maid and housekeeping service; plant watering;
Dog walking; grocery delivery; meal delivery from Galleria restaurants;
access to a fitness center, meeting rooms and an outdoor courtyard.
and how DIY Guy and I compare:
- Indoor pool, Whirlpool Spa
- Private outdoor pool and Spa
- State of the Art Security
- Check --- 2 Yipping Yorkies
- Personal Shopping and Grocery Service
- Available at Hy-Vee for $8
- Free when children are home.
- Dry Cleaning
- What, no soap and water?
- When children can be bribed or need gas money.
- Valet Parking
- Private 4 car garage - steps away from door.
- Next to Galleria Shopping – Tiffany’s, Cole Haan, Bang & Olufsen, Starbuck’s
- Two minutes from Wal-Mart, Kwik Trip, B-Dubs & Culvers!
- Three minutes to Tar-jay, Menards, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby
- Walk to Southdale Mall
- Walk to Wal-Mart.
- Walk to Cafe Caruba
- Walk to Culvers
- Condo Monthly Association fee: $1,000.00
- not so much
- Condo Cost: $1,000,000.00+
- Home Cost: Waaaaay less
- Condo Rooms: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths. (+study in larger condo)
- 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, + study