Friday, October 30, 2009

A couple weeks ago DIY Guy was "tucking in the yard" for the winter.  When it came time to move the heavy clay chiminea he called in reinforcements -- and this time it wasn't me!






Our boy did call me to come out with my camera.  I wasn't sure why he was so concerned I document this yearly task -- then I learned that there was much speculation on how to lift, and whether the old pot would survive.




Ready   .......one......two......three ....



. . . Lift . . . 



....   or not.



done.  gone.  over.  trash.



I was not disappointed.
I had lobbied for the thing to be trashed back in June when DIY Guy decided to fix it with heat resistant caulk.  How DO you say that word ?  ....  "cawk"?  or "culk"?
He claimed the bright (irridescent) caulk would fade and blend in.  That we probably would never notice the attempt at repairing the many cracks.



But that's all I saw were the cracks.
the ugly bright pink crack lines all over the pot.



Farewell dear chimenea.  You served us well, heated many a cool evening and provided warm romantic light and fire for many.


Next year....  perhaps one that won't break.  Or be so heavy.


Cawk.  I say Cawk.  Rhymes with hawk.



4 comments:

  1. For some reason I think this is really funny. Especially the picture where Kirk is looking right at you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say calk too. I was there when Kirk was fixing the cracks. It was very bright pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! At least you know you used it till it fell apart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First comment -- I was bummed Cheri didn't have on the quick 'bunch of pics in a row' option on to catch the break sequence.

    Second comment -- note to self and others -- buy the metal one -- much easier to move and less likely to break over time.

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.