Sunday, September 13, 2009

Anniversary

DIY Guy and I marked the 28th year of the day we were married on Friday ... and Saturday.... and Sunday!



That's a benefit of being an empty nester -
 (10 months of the year anyway)!

We began the celebrating Friday evening with a fabulous gourmet dinner out at the Rainbow Cafe in Pine Island with a couple friends.  (Local folks.....check it out, but go early..they are only open til 8pm on weekends).  After a little walk down PI main street, we headed home and..... 


Saturday morning my friend Melissa visited with her precious little boy for a few hours -- which included me getting this sweetness to myself for a bit while his momma ran and errand.  

DIY Guy and I then headed for our afternoon and evening fun....
First a stop at Famous Footwear where we each scored two pairs of SALE shoes - BOGO 1/2 price



Dinner at our favorite restaurant -- we split a burrito
(but only because we were saving room for something later)

Tummy's full, we kept up the shopping....
TJ Maxx & the Mall.

At TJ Maxx we both had quite a bit of clothing to try on.  I'm a control freak -- there, I said it....I like to see what DIY Guy trys on....you know -- to make sure it looks good.  So I did what any intelligent female would do....I asked to use the "unisex" dressing room -- so we could both be in the same room!  Yesssssss!  

After our mall visit -- we headed to a favorite downtown restaurant - Chester's Kitchen and Bar.  The evening was beautiful, we got a seat outside and listened to the band playing while enjoying an adult beverage.



then we savored the dessert we "saved room for"


Banana Cream Pie
Nom Nom Nom


We have a beautiful downtown.

Sunday:
Church, long walk, homemade pizza by candlelight on the patio
Watching Gray's Anatomy DVD --- 

We have plans to spend a weekend away -- maybe Galena, IL --
with some friends -- that will be our "away" celebration.

Isn't it weird that for some reason I felt like I some-how needed to tell you- how I spent my weekend?

BOGO = By One Get One

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate, doing all the things you love together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun! I think our downtown is cool, I never go there enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing fun, and relaxing weekend!!!! happy Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to just...enjoy each other. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nate (sorry wasn't on account when i read the blog)12:04 PM CDT

    Happy anniversary a day late, parental units 1 and 2! ;) Glad you had a good weekend. Wonder what the little old lady at the tj maxx dressing room counter was thinking when you asked to SHARE the room! hahaha. btw, what's BYGO? isn't it BOGO? that's what i remember from the commercials anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good catch Nate! It is BOGO...and I've fixed it. Duh.

    It was a young girl at the dressing room counter....and she smiled. I like to think that we encouraged her by being "older folk" that still liked to be together! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you two had a great weekend!! Happy Anniversary! I miss you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like lots of fun QT time together... even if it was in the dressing room... :-) Cutie Cute sandals BTW! Happy Anniversary again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't remember Kirk looking so goofy - he must have just been crazy happy!

    Congratulations on making it 28 years you two. We hit 27 in November. You must be older than me! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:46 PM CDT

    Happy Anniversary my riends...I'm sorry I did'nt know. Those dates are the Best...no schedule just hang with your BESTEST FRIEND, and of course TJ's never hurts : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Galena, IL is a treat.

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.