Monday, May 18, 2009

A Pie in the Face...


Late yesterday afternoon, a truck filled with five teenagers and one youth leader pulled into our drive...

they had a video camera

and a  mini fruit "pie" -- 

They were on a video scavenger hunt

and a volunteer was needed to get a pie in the face

DIY Guy was a good sport

and I was very thankful that he was


because I didn't especially want a pie in MY face

it was fun seeing the kids enjoy this so much

and their volunteer youth sponsor - 
(who was in student ministries when I was on staff as youth director)


A team photo before leaving

Moments like this bring back wonderful memories
of all the years I worked with students.
Teenagers are awesome!
Hug a teenager this week!
I promise you, they don't bite!

4 comments:

  1. I want to do that! And even though I just exited my teenager years, I definitely second the hug-a-teenager comment. Being a teen is hard, and they need all the love they can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! You didn't tell me about this!!!! So cool that Kanya does youth min! oh the days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love being a youth group sponser.(going on my 12th year).
    Teenagers are the best :)

    Fortunate for you that Kirk was home !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirk really is a good sport... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.