Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Cooks in the kitchen!

On my refrigerator there is a Zits Comic Strip with a gasping mother looking at her trashed kitchen, as her son walks away with a "Dagwood" sandwich, beverage and plate.  
Above the picture is this:


"Give a teen a snack and you feed him for a day,
Teach him to fix his own snack and your kitchen will be a wreck forever."


Anyone with children old enough to find food and "fix" something can relate to this.  Today, I will show you that there is hope....


If you teach your child to cook . . .

they eventually will

fix you dinner

and serve it

family style ...

and with style.


And....if you are really lucky...they will clean up the kitchen afterwards too!

Last week Baby Girl fixed us a very wonderful Chicken Fettucini Alfredo dinner - and cleaned up the kitchen.  I was in heaven.  You get an A+ for a fabulous dinner DJ!

Yesterday, our resident golf pro, Derek, slaved over the stove all day (on his only day off) making his Italian Grandmother's secret recipe meatballs and spaghetti sauce - another blissful meal -- another "treat" not having to cook - yet getting a home cooked meal.  Fabulous dinner Derek....Thanks!

I've always hoped my love of cooking, baking & entertaining would be passed on to my children!  

3 comments:

  1. Another Proud moment :)
    Danae looks so cute in her little apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will confirm that both meals were wonderful.

    As for which one smelled better -- the bread and sauce with Garlic was hard to beat :)

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.