Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Think it's over? Think Again.

Of course it isn't over.
This dadgum state we live in likes to have snow at the end of March.


March 24, 2008 
One year ago today.


Then the snow melts...
and Minnesotan's sigh in relief.


(March 30, 2008)

as we start to notice small signs of spring



Then another cruel 
Minnesota joke is played on us

(March 31, 2008)


It takes a LONG time for Spring to arrive here.  
Too long for this girl anyway.




and I always seem to forget that.  
Those last 2 photos above...yeah, 
they were taken April 30th, 2008.

THAT is another MONTH and SIX days from now!

Anyone have a place 
in Florida I can visit?

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm not ready to head north to that white stuff. Not sure it'll be all gone when we arrive. I think we a convinced that we should come down here again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! But I do see some of my day lillies popping up... And this year I can even recognize that that is what they are! Just imagine the possibilities this summer holds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hence the little diddy from my blog the other day...

    The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.
    Henry Van Dyke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:30 AM CDT

    I heard the golf courses in Minnesota opened this past weekend, and you can use the water hazards as advantages because they are still frozen! Come to St Louis, the trees and flowers are blooming. You can see my lilac blossoms although they are still in the budding stage. I'll visit you in July when it's 100 degrees and stupid humid here!
    Stay warm!
    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh i want warm weather too!! we keep getting taunted with 1 or 2 warm days, then back to the mid 40's and below! =/

    and yes aunt sandy, they are open! i was just at the driving range yesterday... FREEZING my butt off! haha

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.