Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Puzzling?

What do you call it when people are engaged in "putting together a puzzle"?
"Doing a puzzle"?
awkward
"Putting a puzzle together"?
obvious
I call it "puzzling" --
Puzzling, verb.  The act of putting together a puzzle.
For years it has been tradition for our family to puzzle during the Christmas season.  Last year we didn't for some reason, and I missed it.  For us, there is a bit of competition involved too.  (Note Danae in above photo)  There's the unspoken "race" to get the most pieces together at each "sitting".
There's just something about sitting 'round a table together and puzzling.  It is also hard to resist.  If you give up your seat, it WILL be taken.
(1000 piece puzzle - day 3)
Sometimes the hours pass, and you stay up way too late puzzling...but seeing "sections" come together is very satisfying.
I'll keep you posted on the progress!

4 comments:

  1. We love puzzles here in the Hinterland too. I can't wait for the day when we can have one sitting out in progress all the time.(it's kinda hard to do right now with a destructive 5 yr old on the premises ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay i may be a loser but who's the other guy in the picture...and danae did you dye your hair again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do NOT "do" puzzles...They make me crazy!!! Although I will do the little kiddie one that are 5 pieces with little sticks to hold onto in the middle of each piece...Now those I CAN "do".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that new definition! :D When we do puzzles at my parent's house, we turn it into a race/competition thing too. hehehe Looks like you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.