Friday, January 23, 2009

Retreat. Day 1

It sure doesn't take this lady long to feel her age ....

when I get up at 4 am to drive 5 hours to retreat center

then make lunch for a dozen people . . .

...then re-arrange the lodge great room where us staff are staying . . .
(I couldn't help myself)
then give Cara her b'day present  (can you guess what's in the box?)  
(and clean up lunch)
(the basket is collapsable)
then make dinner (no pics) -- but it was Cincinnati Chili  (thank you Skyline)
and clean up dinner
then head to where the action is    
(my niece Mackenzie on left --- and Emily, the girl I want to adopt (hehe) in the middle )

Command Central:
It's 11:20 pm.
Nurse Cara is out delivering meds to students at their cabins.
DIY guy and I are all alone in the dining area with our laptops.  It's finally quiet.
I'm glad to be here.  It's fun to see Cara in action, spend time with my sister, see my nieces, nephew, and cousin's son.  It's like a family reunion here!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to go Cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha, i can tell exactly what part of the waves of mercy song they are singing, just based on their hand motions in the picture... great song.

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.