Tuesday, September 02, 2008

More Time Than Money? ~ Or More Money Than Time?

Hmmmm.  Have I ever had more time than money? 
Sometimes I think I have.  For instance when I was out of work for a couple months - I had more time than money.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have more money than time.  Someone with a terminal illness or a loved one dying could care less about money, they would want time.  It's all perspective.
One thing that is certain, I usually need "just a little bit more" of each ~ time & money. 
Like tonight, I had a few things I wanted to accomplish. 
1.  Can the pears
2.  Move my desk & computer to Cara's old room
3.  Move the bed in Cara's room to Nate's room
4.  Organize desk stuff & go through receipts
Here's what I accomplished by 10pm tonight:  (I worked til 5)
1.  The Pears are canned.
2.  moved desk and computer to Cara's room
3.  Move the bed in Cara's room to Nate's room
Ok, pretty good accomplishments.  But, because I don't want to discourage you all, I shall "keep it real" (as the Pioneer Woman says).  Therefore, I shall show you this . . .
what wasn't in the picture of Nate's room
and what the kitchen looks like now, at 10:15 pm!
Nate's room can wait to be finished.  But the kitchen I must go clean now.  I really dislike waking up to a messy kitchen.

9 comments:

  1. ahhhh mom. that is SO depressing. how am i supposed to have sleepovers in my big sisters bed w/her when she comes home if she doesn't have a bed :( but i degress. b/c it's not my room and i am thankful :)

    annnddd... i got that from you... the whole not liking to wake up to a messy kitchen... i clean ours almost every night before i go to bed. :)

    i love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i clean our kitchen before i go to bed too! It killed me when i had to wake up to a messy kitchen! You trained us well mommy!

    And i do like what you did to my room...as long as i have a place to sleep when i come home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara, you will always have a place to sleep when you come home! thanks for the vote of confidence on the bedroom. It's been hard to pack up your stuff. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to have sleepovers in your room Danae!

    I'm glad you girls got some "good stuff" from me too! Clean kitchens RULE !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want only Half of your energy....and thanks for the reminder(perspective) on time and money.

    ps Come help me do my kitchen, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, it's true, I was there the other night when Danae was cleaning the kitchen, she's unusually overly OCD about it. haha. And i suppose I approve of the arrangement in my room with "my" new bed. ;-)

    Oh and I like how my closet looks like Cara's did when she left for college, haha, lovely. And just so you know, there ARE things in there that I want, so stay out! I'll go through it! :-)

    And I think I could wake up to a messy kitchen.
    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, and i would like an updated picture too! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the family banter!

    Cheri, either you are an overachiever or I am an underachiever!

    And I do like Danae's new side bar pic!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.