Sunday, August 10, 2008

There is something about the outside of a horse
that is good for the inside of man.
~Sir Winston Churchill
I've mentioned them before --- Red and Silk --- our neighbor's horses. For the next 2 weeks -- I'm pretending they are mine! My love of horses goes way back to my childhood. Though having a horse of my own has always been a dream, the reality is I've never had one. I haven't even spent as much time with horses as I would like. Living next door to two horses and getting to care for them is amazing. I love every minute I'm with them and often find reasons to linger and just watch and stroke them.
I agree with Winston Churchill --- There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man (and woman!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the smell of a horse. I was lucky enough to grow up in the country and have many friends with horses. We spent many hours riding....I would do that again.

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.