Thursday, May 22, 2008

On the way home from the HyVee grocery store on 37th Street (at about 7:30 pm)
things seemed a little . . . different. odd. sparse. Then it hit me, I was about the only car on the road. It was eerie in a way. Usually this road is hopping with cars, and the intersection I was approaching is usually much busier.

As I crossed Highway 52 --- empty. Was it the second coming and I'd been left behind? This just isn't normal.


Maybe the empty roads have something to do with this . . .


I also noted that I saw several people walking with grocery bags on the road near the grocery store. Cara said gas in Cincy is $3.95. Time to tell......what's your town's gas price?

Here's a flashback to 1981 (the year I was married)

Cost of a new home: $83,000.00
Median Household Income: $19,074.00
Interest Rate: 18% on a conventional loan
Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.15 ($0.18 as of 3/22/81; $0.20 as of 11/1/81)
Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $1.38
Cost of a dozen eggs: $0.90
Cost of a gallon of Milk: $2.22



7 comments:

  1. rundunkulous! and you really shouldn't take pictures while your driving....what would your mother say! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. $3.99 a gallon here in Northville...S4.01 north of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:39 AM CDT

    $4.12 a gallon in CT yesterday evening........Mark Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up to $4.08 later today in Northville, NY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last night in Crown Point, IN Gas is $4.12 and climbing every time we pass a station...Listen to your daughter Cara, "what would your mother say to you taking pictures while driving".

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.