Thursday, April 24, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly . . .

The good(s) from Salvation Army - seven amber tumblers for 30 cents each! Now I have a set of 8 to go with the one that my friend Gail sent me.

More good(s) . . . a Mary Englebreit journal, a book lovers diary, and white dishes. I was most excited about the white dishes since I've been looking for some cheap ones to have on hand for something different. Fifty-cents was just the right price.


The bad . . .a leaking dishwasher that has obviously been leaking for awhile -- which is proven by the bowed (swollen?) floor. This is bad, very bad. Has anyone bought a dishwasher lately? Do you like yours? -- or hate it?

The ugly . . . day today.
Church construction has come to a halt -- construction has begun on an ark. Our chickens have begun to develop webbed feet. just kidding about the ark -- (and construction hasn't stopped) -- but the mud pit continues to enlarge. Ok, and the chickens still have "large talons" - not web feet.

6 comments:

  1. I like all your treasures!!! Sorry about the dishwasher and the floor trouble.
    I had a good time hanging out with you tonight, thanks for letting me come to your house and just chill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you found those size glasses to match the one I sent you. I love that size

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, "large talons." i laughed for that one. And i think the dishwasher thing is awesome! NO more picking food bits from still-filthy silverware!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:41 AM CDT

    Good choice on the countertop. Looks great together. We bought a Bosch dishwasher a year ago. We are very happy with it. It is known for its quietness and even in a kitchen with wood floors, there is just a hum accasionally. Dishes come out sparkling ; )
    Sandy
    Have planted some bedding plants and pots. All trees are in bloom, some sort of leafing or fully leafed. Have mowed the grass 4 times. Brought some lilacs from the lilac tree to work with me. They smell awesome. I can't resist these comments after hearing about you "sunbathing"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy...you are evil talking about the new growth..flowers, sunshine, warmth. We have another day of rain...but at least it is warm...sorta. I'm in shorts anyway. I was thinking of moving south today..seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:46 PM CDT

    Hey! I missed you last night at ladies night but I worked on the sale instead. Come out tomorrow! Oh, by the way, I also have a Bosch dishwasher. It is quiet, especially if you get the stainless steel interior. Sara

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.