Friday, January 25, 2008

This is where I am, right now....at 8:04 p.m. on Friday night. A retreat center in Newark, Illinois with my sister Deedee, her husband, their 3 girls, my two girls and lots of old friends...and about 200 students from 6th-12th grade! I know the room looks empty...but tomorrow morning...it will be full. The kids are piling in and checking in, and moving in...to their cabins. My girls are counselors. Cara is also one of the camp nurses. Me, well, I begged my way in...since Dee is the director. She gave me the official job of Chef to the staff.....that is I will provide the late night snacks and afternoon munchies for the musician, speaker, nurses, directors, techies, activities coaches, etc. I can do that!
I got the job yesterday..at about 4pm....then planned the menu of snacks, ran to the store, had ladies night, packed....and slept....then got up early to start the day! I picked up Danae in Winona and we drove here...about 6 hours....and lots of traffic...and snow. God is good...we made it here safely! Now for the adventure.....


Cara and Kari Harrington..the nurses. Cara actually lives with Kari's parents in Cincinnati!
Danae and her cousin Molly.

I'll try to keep up with the weekend on here! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it to your destination despite the awful weather and traffic. Missed you last night....just didnt feel that great. Have a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to have you this weekend! Thanks for the great grub!

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.