Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ho Ho Ho....Mehrrrry Chrisssstmassss!

What a day...

Here it is 11:30 pm and I'm treating myself (and you?) to a blog post. I've been up since 7:30 this morning ...which may be late for some of you early risers...but for me, that's about 2 hours earlier than I like to rise on a Saturday morning. I couldn't sleep. So I got up and took my shower right away (another unusual thing for a Saturday). Usually I like to have my coffee and sit in my jammies for a bit on Saturday. So while enjoying my fresh brew and planning my dreaded trip to Sam's Club at 10am when they open....I remember I'm a "business member" which means I can get into the store before it opens to others! Cool...no lines, less people shopping. As I'm pulling into the parking lot I'm noticing that there are lots of other business members who have the same idea. Once in the store I casually talk to the employee stocking shelves near me and mention to him how there seems to be a lot of business members like me shopping early. "Oh, the store opened at y:00 a.m. today...you aren't early today". Figures. At least there was only one person in front of me in line.

When I got home I had coffee with Kirk and Cara before diving into sewing six denim Christmas stockings. Kirk and I still needed ours --to match the ones I made for our kids (hmmm 6 years ago?). I also had to make one for each of my sister's punks who were born after I made the stockings for the older two...and while I was at it, I made one for my sister and her hubby.

Later, Nate and I ran to check out the eye glass frames he ordered. Thankfully he like them and we got them ordered just as the place was closing...and before the Dec. 31st insurance deadline! Since we were so close to the thrift store, I convinced Nate we should stop since I needed to buy a pair or two of jeans to finish the stockings. Of course we had to look at the other junque too. I found some good stuff, but Nate got the bargain of the day! He got the Santa pictured above for 80 cents!

Here's the stockings .... A close up of a cute one...it's for Jersti. She'll be 5 on December 27th! Nate picked up our pottery from our class today...here's some of the stuff I made. Nate actually made the large plate with the swirl on it and gave it to me to match my other pottery.

Better get going to bed now....I think I'm going to get up early and go grocery shopping before church. One service tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. Kirk and I are being featured in a video interview! We were interviewed about our Christmas Eve gatherings at our home every year. This year marks our 15th Christmas Eve at our home. Looks like we will have about 50 people here this year...probably more with Danae's friends stopping in too!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Cheri, what a busy day you had (and soooo productive. The stockings are adorable, you are such a great aunt and sister for just whipping those up for their family, you amaze me.
    The pottery is BEAUTIFUL. Looks like something you'd see in an art show....seriously
    I hope you have a wonderful party on Christmas eve. Merry Christmas to You Kirk and the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Stop back to read my response :)
Your comment may not appear right away.