Here's how we spent the week:
- Church & Brunch,
- Odd jobs & repairs
- Weeding flower beds
- Laying mulch
- Grocery shopping
- Cooking dinners
- Baking oatmeal raisin cookies (dad's favorite)
- Dinners & evenings with Sandy, Bob & Dad
- Shopping at a stamp/scrapbooking store & bead store
- Shopping at a Marshall's with Kirk (and getting some good buys)
- Doctor appointment with Dad and lunch
- Cleaning out & organizing Dad's pantry
- Cleaning & organizing laundry room
- Cleaning an area of the basement
Friday we headed for home....it is an 8-hour drive that seems like forever through Missouri and Iowa. We got home at 7:15 pm, unpacked the car, said Hi to Nate (Danae was at work) then headed to our small group.....that I lead! We got home around 11pm and were totally exhausted.
Saturday we kept up our "work mentality" and I did some laundry, grocery shopped, weeded some flower beds, unpacked, cleaned the house, and made dinner. Kirk worked varnishing the doors and door frames and did a little work for IBM from home.
Sunday....church, lunch, Home Depot, finish varnishing:Kirk, clearing leaves from pool area:Cheri, digging up a spreading yew:Cheri/Nate, clean Cara's room, Clean bathroom, Blog.
So, here it is 11:30 pm and I'm exhausted, and my body is aching....and I will be at work tomorrow at 7:30 a.m.
Cara comes home tomorrow and I can hardly wait. It will be so good to have her home again. Our washer and dryer will be delivered tomorrow and hopefully our toilet will be installed.
We are on the fast track to get the house back together for Danae's open house the first weekend in June.